Kasold Drive, from 6th Street to Bob Billings Parkway, is a critical link in the City’s transportation infrastructure.
The existing pavement and base are failing and some areas are unsafe; curb & sidewalks are missing and broken. The corridor requires full replacement.
In early 2015 the City began working with CFS Engineers to prepare a concept study and design for the reconstruction of Kasold Drive.
Lawrence City Commission
Selected the Typical Streets Option
With Some Complete Streets Elements
Design Plans are Currently In Progress
Construction is Anticipated 2017-2018
Make an informed decision!
We want you to have all the information you need. Take a look at some of these links and documents to find out more about the options.
- Watch Mythbusters compare traffic flow at intersections here.
- Curious about how to drive a roundabout? Click here.
- Learn more on our Project Page.
- Want proven facts? Check out these Roadway Configuration studies here.
- Go to our Reference Materials page for more!