Kasold Drive, from 6th Street to Bob Billings Parkway, is a critical link in the City’s transportation infrastructure.
The existing pavement and base are failing and some areas are unsafe; curb & sidewalks are missing and broken. The corridor requires full replacement.
In early 2015 the City began working with CFS Engineers to prepare a concept study and design for the reconstruction of Kasold Drive.
Construction of the project is anticipated in 2016-2017.
Presentation to Lawrence City Commission
in Study Session
August 9, 2016
City Commission Chambers | 6 East 6th Street
Directly Following the 5:45pm City Commission Meeting
Make an informed decision!
We want you to have all the information you need. Take a look at some of these links and documents to find out more about the options.
- Watch Mythbusters compare traffic flow at intersections here.
- Curious about how to drive a roundabout? Click here.
- Learn more on our Project Page.
- Want proven facts? Check out these Roadway Configuration studies here.
- Go to our Reference Materials page for more!